Welcome To The GET OFF YOUR ASS AND WRITE Club

For wannabe writers afflicted with chronic procrastination and lack of motivation.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Childhood House-Charity

Considering I have been meaning to get over here and post SOMETHING I have had time to think about my childhood house. Instead of one particular house sticking out in my mind (I am an army brat...there have been many) I keep picturing this house that I have dreamt about for most of my life...there hasn't been an age that I can remember when I haven't dreamt about this house, and this task is weird because once again I have been dreaming of this house...ooohhhh spooky!!!

It is a tall house, almost Victorian in design. It is a pale yellow with scalloped trim, and different shaped windows letting the sun filter into the rooms, each in their own way.

My Grandma is there and she doesn't know that there is a secret passage way. It is a small tunnel that runs through the walls and there are levels that you can climb up on, and you have to go through an opening in the wall that is pretty close to the ceiling, so it isn't easy to access the opening, but worth the effort. And you have to make sure before you climb up there that you aren't leaving anything that looks like a ladder to get up there, because it will lose the magic if anyone else knows about it.

After you climb up on the desk you have to jump slightly to get into the opening. After climbing into the narrow tunnel, there are several ways to go. But there is only one RIGHT way, as you turn towards the right there is going to be a chamber of sorts. And here is where during the years this place has changed. When I first started dreaming of this place the inner chamber was very princess like, so many toys, dress up clothes, and sweets. As I grew older the chamber changed to fit my personality. Recently there is a comfy cozy Victorian like atmosphere and an extra door way that leads to a garden and a swimming pool surrounded by beautiful flowers and trees. It has become a quiet place for reading, writing, or just reconnecting. There is a HUGE bed that when you lay down on it, you sink into the bed...it reminds of a hug really.

I know I know this is absolutely the strangest ever, but I am so ok with that! LOL The really cool thing is there is a house near the college that fits into my dream, and everyday when I pass buy this house it completely takes my breath away...I want to so badly to knock on the door and ask if I could take pictures of their house because I love it that much.

2 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Blogger jillypoet said...

Oh my gosh! I have had the same dream, well, almost the same, for my whole life as well! No kidding! The first time I dreamt it it was scary because I was being stalked by two scary men (that was my Nancy Drew phase), but ever since then, interspersed with the scary house, I dream of a house with passages and tunnels and a ladder and a difficult place to get into, just like you described. The only difference is that for most of my adult life the hidden room is full of books! I love this dream and it just comes intermittently. Wow!

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger RantsyPants said...

There is obviously some meaning to this dream, especially since two of you have had similiar ones. Just wish I could tell you what it is, but I can't. *grin*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home