Welcome To The GET OFF YOUR ASS AND WRITE Club

For wannabe writers afflicted with chronic procrastination and lack of motivation.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Update

I finally found out, the other day, that I received Honorable Mention in the first novel contest I had entered. They usually only give out First and Second Place awards, so I guess what I received is a good thing.

I really hadn't expected anything from it, originally, because I did it in such a rush. It wasn't completely edited, and I ended up changing the first few pages, which cleaned up the story quite a bit.

All in all, I'm happy about it. And they did give me a certificate and a letter I can send out when querying agents, so that's a plus, too!

5 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Blogger Sherri said...

That seems to happen a lot in my circle--rush around to get the entry ready, not really happy with it so you change something at the last minute, stick it in the mailbox thinking it has the chance of a snowball in Hell of winning. Then it does.

It can either make you feel like you're better than you think, or that the judge doesn't know crap.
Ta-ta!

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Sherri said...

Oh, forgot to mention: Congrats!

 
At 2:08 AM, Blogger The Juicer said...

congratulations!! enjoy your weekend :)

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger Christa said...

I've never entered a contest. That is SO cool. Remember, when you get pubbed, all your friends here at GOYAW promise to buy a copy at twice the price to increase your revenue. Right, ladies? (and/or gentlemen, if any are out there stalking and afraid of the estrogen on this site)

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger RantsyPants said...

Thanks guys! You are too funny! But don't worry, I won't forget my roots - I'll be sure to send out a few photocopy autographed cover shots of myself. LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home