Welcome To The GET OFF YOUR ASS AND WRITE Club

For wannabe writers afflicted with chronic procrastination and lack of motivation.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Most memorable...

Since we have written about our vacations and lists, I thought we could write about our most memorable July 4th memories.

I actually have two, but they are rather short.

The first one happened when I was 9. My dad was stationed in San Franscisco, and we lived in a circle. That is our houses were set up around a well it was actually an oval, but we called it a circle. There was a large island like area in the middle of the road and this is where we played, and the night of the 4th where all the families set out chairs and watched the fireworks. By the Golden Gate bridge is where they set off the fireworks from the water. We could see the bridge clearly from where we were and it was spectacular. The fireworks looked like we could reach out and touch them. And right before the end of the show, it went dark and quiet. We looked toward to bridge and a waterfall of color came down. It was the most beautiful fireworks display I have ever seen.

My other favorite memory is when Dh and I finally lived together in North Carolina. He told me to get dressed up a little, and took me out to a womderful dinner. And then he drove out to an old parking lot pulled out a blanket and we sat on our jeep. Soon the fireworks started. They were not that spectacular, but it was the moment that made it memorable. I loved every minute of it...even it I was wearing a dress!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home