Welcome To The GET OFF YOUR ASS AND WRITE Club

For wannabe writers afflicted with chronic procrastination and lack of motivation.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

INTERPRETATION

Hurray! I loved reading the responses to the "You're Out Walking" exercise.

And now, to interpret:

1. The house is yourself.
2. The three objects on the table are the things you do best.
3. The bear is a problem, and what you do with the bear is what you do with a problem.
4. The cup is your love.
5. What you do with the cup is what you do with your love.

OK, there is lots of self-evaluating to be done, LOL! Regarding #4 & #5, I thought that the author meant "the love I feel for someone", but in reaching the end of the novel I understood that she meant "the person whom you love". The game is played by two important characters and I "got it".

Thanks for playing along!! Chrissy

7 Comments:

At 7:53 AM, Blogger Andie said...

Interesting... must go self evaluate now. HA!

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Christa said...

So the most bothersome thing is that I either run away from my problem or watch it from afar waiting for it to go away. Thanks. Now I need therapy.

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger MamaChristy said...

At least all you people are worried about is that you run away from your problems! I'm a SHACK! :)

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Chrissy said...

mamachristy, but you have a good foundation! You said so yourself; you can be whatever kind of house you choose! :-)

Christa, I SANG to the bear---how much therapy do I need? Should I put someone on retainer until the end of my days? :-)

Andie, your house description was fascinating; I felt like I was looking into a kaleidoscope as I read that paragraph. :-)

The Novel: I ordered it from Amazon last night, used books. I guess it's out of print. There are several copies for .01 cent. Yes, you read that correctly. If you don't mind springing for the shipping, this book is well worth the $5. "Do Try To Speak As We Do" by Marjorie Leets Ford.

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Andie said...

wow. thanks. :)

I guess that means I'm a colorful person? LOL

And I scare my problems away? HA! :)

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger mamashine said...

I'm more worried about the fact that the cup is, what, my husband? And I said he was dirty and that I'm not touching him? That he has bugs?

I do tend to get right in there and snuggle up with my problems. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing...

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger jillypoet said...

So my love is cute, but smells like someone else's coffee. That would be my old flame (re: no conscience list) and I am leaving him alone, untouched, becaause he is married. Pretty accurate! And I do, indeed, leave my problems outside until they wander away. It's always worked for me! I guess I'm ok!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home